SantaMayCry
PDdownloads not letting me upload

Im trying to upload some files to my site before I open it, and I'm getting the following issue when I go to upload.

Errors Returned While Uploading
MIME type not allowed: application/x-zip-compressed

What is the cause of this?

SantaMayCry
Re: PDdownloads not letting me upload

ok i edited the allowed thingies, so now its letting me upload, but the thing is i allow 70mb upload(trust me, its neccesary) and its saying its too big when im uploading a 6mb file! what is wrong with this thing

krobi
  • 2005/8/14 22:28

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

i'am sorry but we cant test the upload system with 70 mb file or bigger one - i have to say we have never though about that, because when i would upload such a big file i would do it via ftp the possibilty that i will get a time out when i upload this via a script (like the one that is in pddownloads) is extremly high.
Developer of PD-Modules like PD-Downloads and PD-Links.
Webmaster of Power-Dreams.com

SantaMayCry

Quote:

krobi wrote:
i'am sorry but we cant test the upload system with 70 mb file or bigger one - i have to say we have never though about that, because when i would upload such a big file i would do it via ftp the possibilty that i will get a time out when i upload this via a script (like the one that is in pddownloads) is extremly high.

but the file is only 6mb, and i need such a large upload because halo 2 mods can get quite large

davidl2
  • 2005/8/14 22:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It is possible that your server may not allow that size, even though you have set it on your module.... check to see what the max upload size is on your server ... (I don't know if this is displayed on PDdownload - but I believe it is in WF-Downloads)

SantaMayCry

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
It is possible that your server may not allow that size, even though you have set it on your module.... check to see what the max upload size is on your server ... (I don't know if this is displayed on PDdownload - but I believe it is in WF-Downloads)

no thats not the problem, it says my max upload is 55mb so i limited it to 30 and its still saying this 6mb file is too big

davidl2
  • 2005/8/14 22:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Where does it say your maximum upload is 55mb?

SantaMayCry

whoops..i read the wrong spot >_<

why does it say my max upload is 2mb when i can upload as much as i want via ftp?

krobi
  • 2005/8/14 23:29

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

this is a default value of a php function, i have just looked at the code and as far as i see this is a problem which we will fix.

we will make some tests regarind uploading file up to the size of 200 mb and we hope that we can resolve any problem regarding this - if we will find bugs.

at the moment i cant give you a bugfix or something like that, first of all i will go to bed and after that i will look at the module and this bug.
Developer of PD-Modules like PD-Downloads and PD-Links.
Webmaster of Power-Dreams.com

SantaMayCry

Quote:

krobi wrote:
this is a default value of a php function, i have just looked at the code and as far as i see this is a problem which we will fix.

we will make some tests regarind uploading file up to the size of 200 mb and we hope that we can resolve any problem regarding this - if we will find bugs.

at the moment i cant give you a bugfix or something like that, first of all i will go to bed and after that i will look at the module and this bug.

so..i cant edit that default value?

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits