DefJef
AMS - Multi Page Articles?
  • 2005/8/11 22:13

• DefJef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/8 2

I notice that AMS boasts improved features over News, however when posting an article there is no hint in order to make a multi page article. Is making multi page articles possible with AMS?

Thanks,
Jeff

brash
Re: AMS - Multi Page Articles?
  • 2005/8/11 22:32

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I wouldn't say improved, but rather additional features. Herve has also done a lot of work on the News module since then, and it now has features that AMS does not, so it is modt definately worth giving it a look. As far as multi-page articles all you should have to do is place a [pagebreak] tag where ever you want a page to end.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

DefJef
  • 2005/8/11 23:11

• DefJef

• Just popping in

Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, [pagebreak] does not create a pagebreak. I just see the [pagebreak] tag in the displayed article.

Maybe I will checkout News2 again. Then I think i need spotlight? Hmm...

brash
  • 2005/8/12 1:39

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Second time I've read about a tag not working in AMS in two days. Did you make sure you put in the [extend] tag prior to using the [pagebreak] tag? What version of XOOPS & PHP are you using?

*edit*

This thread on my site explains it in a bit more detail. It is regarding AMS 2.2, but still applies to 2.41.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

DefJef
  • 2005/8/12 2:40

• DefJef

• Just popping in

Awesome! The [extend] tag before [pagebreak] worked. Well...what else can this faboulous [extend] tag bring to the articles?

brash
  • 2005/8/12 3:12

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Bascially it allows you to have an article introduction, in the follwoing format;
Quote:

Article introduction

[extend]

Data for Page 1 Here

[pagebreak]

Data for Page 2 Here

[pagebreak]

Data for Page 3 Here

Something unique to AMS is audience levels which dictates what XOOPS groups can read the full article, and effetively gives you per article read permissions. For instance, imagine you have setup your AMS permissions so that anonymous, registered and webmaster groups can view the all the articles in a given topic, but have set all the articles in that topic to use an audience level that only the registered users and webmasters XOOPS groups have permissions to. The out come from this is that the anonymous, registered and webmaster groups will be able to read your article introduction (everything before the [extend] tag), but only the registered and webmaster groups will be able to read the rest of the article when they click on the "read more" link.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

DefJef
  • 2005/8/12 3:19

• DefJef

• Just popping in

Well, I must say that the level of customization offered by this [extend] tag is a pleasure. I had previously been wondering how to acheive spotlight-style summaries on the AMS index page. This is the key! Great!

Thanks for all the help,
Jeff

Heath
  • 2005/8/26 12:41

• Heath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

Guys, I still can't deal with it... I work under AMS 2.41 and XOOPS 2.2.2.

[ extend] and [ pagebreak] are shown in the body of an article, and I can't make a multi-page article at all. What can be the problem?

Update: By the way, even when I write [ extend] and [ pagebreak] inside of an article, AMS adds another [ extend] in the end of the article. (I can see it when I edit this article).

brash
  • 2005/8/26 13:07

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

I haven't done any real testing with the XOOPS 2.2.x branch, so I can't say for sure. Make sure you have no spaces in your tags (you have them as [ extend] when it should be [extend]), and make sure that [extend] tag is the first tag you use.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Heath
  • 2005/8/26 13:11

• Heath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

Yes, it's the first tag and it's written without a space inside. However, the News module works and makes page breaks.

Update: AMS also screens apostrophes and quotation marks with slashes. And shows slashes in the article body.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits