JMorris
Find Users returns No Users
  • 2005/8/7 13:43

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

A user contacted me this morning indicating that they could no longer log into the site (another bug covered elsewhere). Since the user did not provide their logon name, I had to search for their account. Under 2.0.13, this was relatively simple. Just go to Find Users, and select All Users, then just browse for the user's details until you find a match.

As you can see here, the option to search for All Users is available in 2.2.

Resized Image

However, here's the results that were returned.

Resized Image

I was able to find all users in Extended Profiles >> Users, but that's not the most efficient method of searching for users. Fortunately our membership is still small. If we had a membership like xoops.org, I'd still be looking for that user's account.

Just a suggestion:
In XOOPS 2.0.x, the edit users page automatically inserted the user's name into the drop-down box. This was nice. With Extended Profiles, you have to search for users to add to the drop down box and once you've navigated to another page, your search is not saved and the box is blank again. This is really anoying and not at all intuitive. It took a good 5 minutes for me to figure out how in the world work with user accounts.

Please add whatever it was in 2.0.x that automatically inserted users into the drop-down box for you into Extended Profiles.

Thanks,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits