rob777
upgrade problem 2.0.13 - 2.2
  • 2005/8/5 6:57

• rob777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

Hi,

I'm trying to build a new site, and everything is new right now so I don't have to worry about losing users or data.

First I tried to manually install 2.2, but I could not get a database to work for the install. I tried creating one, and tried letting XOOPS build one during install. I couldn't get it.

So, I just installed XOOPS 2.0.10 via fantastico (I know its out of date, but anyway). I then proceeded to manually update to 2.0.10 to 2.0.12a then 2.0.12a to 2.0.13. Everything up to this point is fine.

I then tried to manually update from 2.0.13 to 2.2. This went pretty good until I ran the mysite.com/update script. I keep getting errors when updating. It appears to be a database problem?? But I am totally retarded when trying to figure out the databases.

here's the errors.

Adding module config category data...
  [
color=FF0000]ERRORCould not insert config category general to the database.

ERRORCould not insert config category meta to the database.

ERRORCould not insert config category censor to the database.

ERRORCould not insert config category search to the database.

ERRORCould not insert config category mail to the database.

ERRORCould not insert config category auth to the database.[/color]
Adding module config data...

Config sitename added to the database.

And

Adding user profile fields...
  [
color=FF0000]ERRORCould not insert field umode into the databaseTable 'robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field uorder into the database. Table '
robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR
Could not insert field notify_method into the databaseTable 'robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field notify_mode into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field user_regdate into the databaseTable 'robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field posts into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field attachsig into the databaseTable 'robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field timezone_offset into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field user_mailok into the databaseTable 'robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field theme into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field actkey into the databaseTable 'robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field last_login into the database. Table '
robert4_xoop1.xoops_user_profile' doesn't exist[/color]

Module System updated successfully.

I have tried logging into phpmyadmin and creating a table named xoops_user_profile but I have to enter fields in order to save it. If I create the fields listed in the error messages (which I don't know what values and attributes, etc to give each field) I get the following error message. PLuse the same error message I posted at the top of this post.

Adding user profile fields...
  [
color=FF0000]ERRORCould not insert field umode into the databaseDuplicate column name 'umode'

ERRORCould not insert field uorder into the databaseDuplicate column name 'uorder'

ERRORCould not insert field notify_method into the databaseDuplicate column name 'notify_method'

ERRORCould not insert field notify_mode into the databaseDuplicate column name 'notify_mode'

ERRORCould not insert field user_regdate into the databaseDuplicate column name 'user_regdate'

ERRORCould not insert field posts into the databaseDuplicate column name 'posts'

ERRORCould not insert field attachsig into the databaseDuplicate column name 'attachsig'

ERRORCould not insert field timezone_offset into the databaseDuplicate column name 'timezone_offset'

ERRORCould not insert field user_mailok into the databaseDuplicate column name 'user_mailok'

ERRORCould not insert field theme into the databaseDuplicate column name 'theme'

ERRORCould not insert field actkey into the databaseDuplicate column name 'actkey'

ERRORCould not insert field last_login into the databaseDuplicate column name 'last_login'[/color]

Module System updated successfully.

Could someone please help explain what I have to do, in somewhat simple terms...possibly a step-by-step to walk me through??

Thanks,
Rob
Thanks for everything!
Later,
Rob

louisg1
Re: upgrade problem 2.0.13 - 2.2
  • 2005/8/5 18:08

• louisg1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 4

well it looks like you forgot to follow the directions correctly i can help you get your site working make a full backup of your database tempoarialy shut your site down and give me access to your database. i know the problems i had the same 1s you have to manually convert your users over to XOOPS 2.2 and have to change the system module nuber to 2.2 all has to be done from php my admin.

rob777
Re: upgrade problem 2.0.13 - 2.2
  • 2005/8/5 19:40

• rob777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

Thanks for the offer to help, but I have already scrapped the site and tried the fresh 2.2 install again. It was a brand new site, so there were no users, visitors or data to be saved on the datbase yet, so I could just delete and try again.

Somehow I managed to get the database and the 2.2 install to connect correctly. Don't ask how...I don't quite know for sure...I created the database in phpmyadmin...ran the install...tweak the user login, database name, password ect. until the install finally went through correctly.

Now I am trying to get some modules to work on the 2.2. LOL here I go again. It would really help if I knew something about php.

Thanks,
Rob
Thanks for everything!
Later,
Rob

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits