txcelt
How do I verify module upgrades? v2.0.13
  • 2005/8/3 19:48

• txcelt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/24

(Originally posted in Installation forum - no responses)

I initially installed XOOPS either just before 2.0 or just after (possibly in 2003?)- I've lost track. Over the months, I've installed the various patches. However, I'm not sure that I performed them properly.

I've just performed the series of patches from 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.13. I believe I've done them correctly (following the GREAT instructions on warpigw2). I'm pretty sure that I did not perform some of the earlier patches correctly, though.

The System module page has a footer with the correct version, none of the other standard pages do - many say 2.0.

Is there a way to verify the correct version of all of the files in my web site? While in the Administration module, I see the following module versions installed:

System 1.01
Contact Us 1
Downloads 1.1
Web Links 1.1
Forum 1
News 1.1
FAQ 1.1
Headlines 1
Polls 1
Members 1

Any guidance on checking file versions is appreciated!

Cheers,
Brent
http://www.RecGaming.com

davidl2
Re: How do I verify module upgrades? v2.0.13
  • 2005/8/3 19:54

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Do you mean a way to see if there is an updated version of each module?

Not yet - but perhaps in the future something to look up something at xoops.org could be implemented?

txcelt
  • 2005/8/3 22:08

• txcelt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/24

Actually, what I mean is that I want to verify that I have the latest version of each XOOPS file on my site (for version 2.0.13).

It is possible that when I FTP'd the files from each prior patch set to my site, that they did not overwrite the original versions. In addition, I did not understand the need to do the module updates on the system module window.

Hope this helps...

Brent

Rickb
  • 2005/8/3 22:31

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

Hi Txcelt ,

Excellent question and I am watching this thread for possible answers.

Rick

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/4 0:43

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
Actually, what I mean is that I want to verify that I have the latest version of each XOOPS file on my site (for version 2.0.13).

The easiest way of doing this depends on your server O/S, what kind of access you have (shell/FTP-only), what kind of O/S you use on your computer (Windows/Linux/Mac), and what software tools you have.

One method would be to download the entire XOOPS directory on your server to a temporary directory on your computer, extract the XOOPS 2.0.13 distribution .zip or .tar.gz to a different temporary directory, and then compare the two directories.

My preferred tool for doing comparisons is Beyond Compare, but there are other choices.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits