maciek
Problem with blocks after upgrade.
  • 2005/8/1 9:45

• maciek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/1 8

I did upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.2 (+hotfix). After upgrade I can't list blocks (Administration menu/Blocks/List all blocks). I'm getting this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in (...)/modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php on line 58
I found that there is function (list_blocks()) which wants something from module with mid=48, and i do not have such one. How this functions gets this number, or maybe - what should I do to repair this?

maciek
Re: Problem with blocks after upgrade.
  • 2005/8/2 15:29

• maciek

• Just popping in

After some playing with database i found that i have some junk entries (two _MI_SHOUTBOX_BLOCK). From some reason they didn't dissapeared after deleting zentrack module.
I had deleted them directly in MySQL and everything works just fine.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/2 15:33

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

I have the same problem and my site does not display any blocks to users that are not logged in.

My Error:
Fatal errorCall to a member function on a non-object in /home/webadmin/desktopos.com/html/modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php on line 58

What other junk did you find in your database? How can I know what should and should not be in there?

I just deleted the 58th entery in the block_instance SQL thing but that did not resolve the issue... it was recent gallery images...

Is there a way for me to force XOOPS to rebuild or repair the blocks system? (& the permissions system, PM, & Extended Profiles > all those modules/functions don't work since I upgraded!)

maciek
  • 2005/8/2 18:59

• maciek

• Just popping in

Quote:
I have the same problem and my site does not display any blocks to users that are not logged in.

That's not the same - I couldn't list my blocks on the admin page, but they were visible for users.

I added some 'debug' lines in blocksadmin.php just before 58th line.
58th line is the first line of foreach loop, and I added these lines (at the beginning of foreach loop):
echo "mid: " . $block->getVar('mid');
echo "name: " . $modules[$block->getVar('mid')]->getVar('name') . "<br>";

I enabled php warnings of course.

This caused that when I clicked "List All Blocks" I saw list of "mid: xx name: yyy" which are module id and name of the module.
At the bottom of the page I had just number without corresponding name - attempt of getting the name was causing this error.

Then I found this number in database - it was in (prefix)_newblocks and (prefix)_blocks_instance tables.
I did this 2 times - I had 2 different junk blocks.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/4 15:59

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

I'm still having the issue where I cannot access Blocks Admin, but I have deleted out all the duplicate block database tables. What else should I do?

maciek
  • 2005/8/6 14:05

• maciek

• Just popping in

I have no idea.
Are there any errors? Write them here.

azeini
  • 2005/8/7 9:01

• azeini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

Quote:

maciek wrote:
I did upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.2 (+hotfix). After upgrade I can't list blocks (Administration menu/Blocks/List all blocks). I'm getting this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in (...)/modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blocksadmin.php on line 58

I have the exact same problem, but can't figure out what may be causing it. Any hints or pointers are appreciated.

tim1980
  • 2005/8/13 0:26

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

I'm still having this same bug after upgrading the portal to version 2.2.1

azeini
  • 2005/8/13 9:19

• azeini

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

Same here. Even after upgrade to 2.2.1 no improvement. This is really annoying, since without block management and missing blocks on the font page, the page concept has been messed up badly.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Mithrandir

Sounds like a case of blocks existing in the newblocks table that reference modules that don't exist. I cannot say how that error has happened, but check the newblocks table for module id values that are not present in the modules table.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits