tobiaspj
Can XOOPS be used with an existing website?
  • 2005/7/28 11:31

• tobiaspj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

Can XOOPS be used with an existing website?

The reason for asking this is that I am looking for a method to allow my clients to update their own websites. Most of them have no HTML or web knowledge and so I want them to be able to edit their pages using a WYSIWYG style editor. Then choose update/publish. And hey-presto their page is updated.

Is this something XOOPS can do?
If not, any suggestions?

Also on a more technical note:
I am a hosting reseller and my packages only alow MySQL databases to be created using a defined name (e.g. web11_databasename) for security reasons. I have run into problems with scripts before, in that they need to create the MySQL database upon installation, and so require the root username and password (with the ability to create the database). I can only provide the pre-made database username and password, can XOOPS use this?

ladon
Re: Can XOOPS be used with an existing website?
  • 2005/7/28 11:45

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

The short answer to the questions is: Yes

The longer version: There are several wysiwyg editors available that can be integrated with most modules, that is, if the module of your choosing doesn't already have one.

Concerning the database user/pass etc. XOOPS can create a database OR use an existing one, so I see no problems there.
I am the BEST.......... at overstating things! - Resized Image

tobiaspj
  • 2005/7/28 11:49

• tobiaspj

• Just popping in

Ok, great!

I'll install and see how things go then.

Many thanks for your quick response.

tobiaspj
  • 2005/7/28 13:34

• tobiaspj

• Just popping in

I have installed XOOPS and it appears to be fully operational, a few questions now though:

As you will see from my first post I want to use XOOPS to allow my clients to edit their websites. The reply I had says that yes it can be done, with the use of modules.

I have searched the XOOPS module repository but cannot find what I am looking for. How do I get XOOPS to allow my clients (once they have joined/created an account) to edit the pages on their websites? And do I need to install XOOPS on each website or can I call their sites from the version I have just installed on my server?

Any help would be much appreciated, as you can tell I'm very much new to XOOPS.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits