justtupeu
Different Url -> different theme
  • 2005/7/22 21:34

• justtupeu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 8

I want to know if it's possible to do something like this :
Follow this url to see my website with this theme, another url to see the website with another url, etc.
I wouldn't want to use the Theme change block, maybe just as a last resort.
Anybody willing to help ? Thanks in advance. Regards
Vineri triskaideka - contest for Vineri triskaideka phrase

Mithrandir
Re: Different Url -> different theme

how would the different URLs look like?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

DonXoop

I think he means to have several URLs/domains pointing at the same site. Depending on the URL it would show with a specific theme.

If that is right, with a tricky hack it can be done. I did this once last year. First thing is to make the server show the same site under multiple hosts/domains. Under Apache that is ServerAlais or under a hosted server it can be Parked Domains and maybe a few other ways.

Then you need a hack that responds to the URL and returns a unique mainfile.php and common.php. I don't have all the details anymore as it became too much work to maintain and I'm no longer doing it.

A slightly easier way but also a theme hack is to have the theme change based on group membership.

It can get messy with upgrades.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

justtupeu
  • 2005/7/23 0:48

• justtupeu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 8

Quote:

how would the different URLs look like?

That's the thing, i don't really know, and now also good at XOOPS hacks.
Basically what i want to do is have the "Theme Change" changed a little bit.. Meaning that instead of: after clicking the new theme, the page would reload with the new theme the user has selected, i would just want to have some links. Any idea on how to do this ?
Vineri triskaideka - contest for Vineri triskaideka phrase

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits