chipthamac
Messed up xoops bad, need help, will pay.
  • 2005/7/22 16:10

• chipthamac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

Hey Guys,
So here is what happenend. I downloaded the release canidate and installed it over my site and it messed EVERYTHING up. Big time. Yes, I know I shouldn't have, I wasn't thinking clearly. =/
So here is my delima, I had a backup of the website, which is about 520MB. My host at the time would not untar it or allow me shell to run the command myself and I didn't want to sit there and upload 6k+ files. So...I got me a new host, they untarred the backup for me. Now, I had a backup of the sql too, but somehow its corrupt or something. I backed it up from vdeck and its got it all messed up looking. So, I had to restore a backup of the sql from the release canidate through phpmyadmin. I have everything connecting, kinda, i mean you can go to www.everythingfunny.com and see that part of its working and my content seems to be all thier. Which brings me to my problems.
So far this is what I notice needs to be fixed.
When I go to administration, and click on system, no dice, I get the blank screen of death.
Also, the menu is not showing up on any pages of the site. This is all I have noticed so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you are a guru with XOOPS and want to just go in there and fix it for me, I got a little paypal with your name on it.
Thanks for you time,
-chip

rabideau
Re: Messed up xoops bad, need help, will pay.
  • 2005/7/22 16:17

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hi Chip,

Try the following.

1. Make certain that your mainfile.php is correct for the new host.
2. check protections on tenmplates_c, cache, uploads (make them all 777

That may fix your problems
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

kutovoy
Re: Messed up xoops bad, need help, will pay.
  • 2005/7/24 19:01

• kutovoy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/11

Hi, for first you need to play with your backup sql from pre RC.
1. Install MySQL at home, run it. Save unpacked SQL at some dir. Look at SQL file for
"CREATE DATABASE xxxx"

string. If there no string at beginning like that, insert at begining:
"CREATE DATABASE chip_test;USE chip_test;"

Run MySQL:
mysql -u root
or
mysql -u root -p

execute
>source dir/unpacked_sql.txt
ex.:
>source /home/chip/mysql.txt

If u don't get any error - that is cool. If u get them, try to figure what errors u have. Post some of them here. May be that SQL file isn't so ill.

Check that you don't broke SQL text file when edit it in some buggy editor which will insert some linebreaks or will wrap words. May be that is problem.

If old SQL still is bad... You need to figure which tables from new SQL backup (after RC install) do u need. Eg. you can try to mess tables needed to XOOPS 2.0.13 to work (from clear XOOPS 2.0.13 install) with tables which is needed by your modules/data. Eg. you need to play with 2 SQL:
1. with new SQL backup from messed site - cut from them all tables except XOOPS related.
2. with SQL backup from clear XOOPS 2.0.13 install - add to them tables from step 1.

That is some ways that may help. Try it.

Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits