zayhen
Noob design questions.
  • 2005/7/18 18:33

• zayhen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/15

Maybe someone had already answered my questions. I couldn`t find the answer in the forums.

1st: I want to make just a single horizontal main menu with login, logout, content viewing options for my site, not this vertical menus in left or right of the page. How do I do that?

2nd: I'd like to use pgsql. I've looking at how XOOPS works with MySQL and it seens to be easy to create a class to do pgsql integration. Am I correct. Does have anyone already done this?

3rd: When I enter wrong login/password in login field, I get 2 login forms in my page. What is wrong?

davidl2
Re: Noob design questions.
  • 2005/7/18 19:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

1 - I am doing this on a new site at the moment - with using Multimenu 1.7 - check this out, as it's a very simple to use module. Simply hide the main menu block and use the multimenu block inserted into the theme...

zayhen
  • 2005/7/19 1:13

• zayhen

• Just popping in

I didn't manage to get horizontal menus with multimenu. Can you show how do you do that?

davidl2
  • 2005/7/19 3:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2164&page=2

Quote:

~Menu to display in theme:

This option allow you to display one of your multiMenu directly in your theme. All you need to do is to insert that code in your current theme *:
<{include file="../modules/multiMenu/theme/multimenu.php"}>

* Note: Only 'main links' are displayed in theme!

Insert the above line at a conveient point on your page.. set the links as per the above (ie - "main links") ... and it should work.

zayhen
  • 2005/7/19 18:13

• zayhen

• Just popping in

Hey, It did not work. Maybe 'cause I am using firefox. It doesn't matter anymore. I am working on my own horizontal menu block.

But I cannot manage to have it occuping all screen width. Why on the hell is XOOPS so bad with people who wants a diferent layout?

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits