stiffy2005
I'm so confused....
  • 2005/7/9 21:20

• stiffy2005

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/9 2

Okay, here's what I'm trying to do:

I am redesigning this web page for a Chamber of Commerce. There are various business members throughout the community that all have listings on our web site. One of the things that's a big hassle is always having to use staff time to go into the web site and change the business listing every time a business switches phone numbers or e-mail addresses, and we're looking for a way for each of those businesses to be able to log-in to our web site online and change that information as they please.

I was told that this is possible with XOOPS. I've installed XOOPS to this test server, and I've tinked with it for a couple of days now, and I'm so confused as to how I would go about doing that. I have my own HTML pages and style sheets for the web site, the XOOPS template is not needed. I'm still not even totally sure what XOOPS's function is.

If I wanted to use XOOPS to do this, how would I go about doing that? Any help would be appreciated.

wizanda
Re: Im so confused....
  • 2005/7/9 21:31

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

You could set a special group, then the members who have permission, could submit and change settings in the modules you give them permission for.

You could even give them admin access, if needed to the modules they need.

bwoods01
Re: I'm so confused....
  • 2005/7/9 22:05

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

Could you give us the link to the site you are using now for the business listings? If we could see how it’s setup now it would help determine what module we think would work best.

Buddy

stiffy2005
  • 2005/7/9 22:46

• stiffy2005

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/9 2

The site I'm re-designing is www.oldoregon.com .

It looks like and navigates like crap, as you can see. If you go to the right-hand column there should be a link that says something like "Recommended businesses and classified listings" If you click on that, there's a list of all of the Chamber of Commerce business members. It's been a big hassle with them always wanting their e-mail address or phone number or contact person changed, so we'd like to have it so that they can update it themselves by logging in.

bwoods01
  • 2005/7/9 23:35

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

xDirectory look like the type of module you would need for your listings. Click on the home page link to see the module in action once you go to the download page.

For more info on how XOOPS works go here.

Buddy

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits