shaggyze
blank pages while attempting to move hosts
  • 2005/6/30 10:51

• shaggyze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/13

hello
I recently got a new host so i'm trying to move my site and keep everything intact. i have already moved all my files to the new host and i set the chmod to the 3 directory's and to mainfile.php, edited the mainfile to what i belive is correct, i'm not positive about the physical path though, anyway now no matter what page i try viewing it shows up blank and the source for each page is <html><body></body></html> i've been though XOOPS forums and have tried a few different things and nothing seems to matter, i even replaces all my urls in MySQL database to match my new site, anyone know what i'm missing?

to see for yourself check:http://www.psxrar.epartys.com/

jdseymour
Re: blank pages while attempting to move hosts

See this Faq Page and this Article.

See if there is anything you misses.

You mentioned that you created a database to match the old. Did you populate it with the data from the old site? That will make a difference.

You host will provide you with the proper physical path. Ask them for it.

HTH.

shaggyze
  • 2005/6/30 11:04

• shaggyze

• Just popping in

yea i checked both of those links before and i did what they said exept when exporting my MySQL database i couldn't make it the same name as my new database name, so i renamed that in the .txt file manually and then added the tables, i did receive the timeout error, but it addes the tables anyway, and after analyzing and repairing everything said ok, so the MySQL seems to be working fine

jdseymour

If you did receive a timeout error, some tables were not inserted. It will only error if still inserting data at the time of the timeout.

shaggyze
  • 2005/6/30 11:07

• shaggyze

• Just popping in

even though the number of tables is the same?, so i should split the export into multiple files then like the faq explaines

jdseymour

I would, or if you have cPanel you can import through the commandline using cron, see this ArticleFor the command to use. If you use this the SQL file should be placed in your home directory (for example one level up from public_html)

Another thing, make sure you clear the template_c and cache folders. The files contained may still be from your other installation.

HTH.

shaggyze
  • 2005/6/30 11:12

• shaggyze

• Just popping in

ok, thanks for the fast reponses

Login

Who's Online

86 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 86

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits