orb_nsc
New (successful) install, no images displaying?
  • 2005/6/26 0:39

• orb_nsc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/25

Hi, I just installed XOOPS today on my Ubuntu 5.04 box, and everything went extremely well. I followed the Installation Guide, got it working with Apache and mySQL and started setting up modules and whatnot. And it seems to work very well when I log onto it as a user on that local machine. But when I try to access it from another computer (using either the redirected DNS name, or the local ip address), I get the page to load with no image files at all. The screenshot shows what I mean. Is this probably a permissions problem with Apache, or am I doing something wrong with Xoops? I have the XOOPS installation set up right inside my /var/www directory, which my local user account has full control of.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

Resized Image

pod
Re: New (successful) install, no images displaying?
  • 2005/6/26 1:42

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

It's a long shot, but maybe this thread will help.
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

orb_nsc
Re: New (successful) install, no images displaying?
  • 2005/6/26 5:45

• orb_nsc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/25

Thanks, I think that thread was definitely pointing me in the right direction...if I type in the full path name for an image file (i.e.http://192.168.2.98:8887/themes/default/logo.gif for accessing it via the lan) it loads it.

The problem seems to be the way XOOPS is handing the URLs, the links that show up on the page all have screwed up urls. An example is the link for downloads, the URL ishttp://orbubuntu:8887/modules/mydownloads/ (orbubuntu is my Linux machine name and port 8887 is my configured port, instead of port 80). This would and does work fine on the Linux box, but for any other computers on the lan or the internet are not going to like that. Do you know how I would modify my XOOPS settings so it uses the correct IP address for the URLs?

EDIT: Okay, I figured this one out. I should have been updating mainfile.php and not mainfile.dist.php (What the heck is that one for? Anyway...). Once I did that, everything seems to be working just fine. Thanks though!

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits