vr_slider
Installation problem xoops 2.1.1
  • 2005/6/6 17:27

• vr_slider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/22

Hi all, i installed the new version of xoops, as I would like to try it, then install went okay, some minor issues which are being fix at the moment, only my problem isn listed, and that is that when i want to save modify my preferences, and press submit, i get a with screen, and it stays like that.

when i select "back" in the browser i get a invalid security template ? ..

anyone has a fix for this, i pretty much can do anything beside this.

when i then logout as admin, and go to the start screen, i get a nice XOOPS logo etc, only no userlogin box .....

help...

Mithrandir
Re: Installation problem xoops 2.1.1

try www.example.com/recovery.php and enable php debug, then try the preferences again.

vr_slider
  • 2005/6/6 17:47

• vr_slider

• Just popping in

Hey thnx for that, didnt know it XOOPS could do that !
anywayz......got some output, but doesnt make sense for me yet..
( please note..clean install, no modules installed yet just the standard ones Running on a RHE 4.0 clean install....)

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoopsConfig in file kernel/object.php line 31
Notice [PHP]: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in file kernel/configitem.php line 99
Notice [PHP]: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in file kernel/configitem.php line 99
Notice [PHP]: unserialize(): Error at offset 9 of 19 bytes in file kernel/configitem.php line 99

Mithrandir

The recovery page is new in 2.1

Did it work exactly as it should? The recovery page? And you can get to the preferences page without PHP errors until you submit it? That's very weird as the code giving problems is universal and used on all XOOPS pages.

vr_slider
  • 2005/6/6 18:02

• vr_slider

• Just popping in

the recovery page came up, not sure what more to expect as i never used it before.
I could work with the recoverpage but it was unformatted i.e. i could turn the php debug on.., You can if you want take a look if you want..

vr_slider
  • 2005/6/6 18:06

• vr_slider

• Just popping in

this is what i get under every page

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoopsConfig in file kernel/object.php line 31

Mithrandir

ok, found out why you get that "undefined index".
However, that should not give a blank page.

Is all you get on the preferences page that undefined index and a lot of unserialize() errors?

Rheas
  • 2005/6/9 6:30

• Rheas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/21

I am having precisely the same problem.
I am running XOOPS 2.1.1, MySQL 4.1.12, PHP 5.04 with IIS under W2K-Adv-Srv.
I can ignore the 'error writing constants' during install, and the install completes without error... everything sems fine, but there is no user account created for admin, no way to create new users (without the extended user module), and things blow up trying to create blocks.

tried recovery.php, to seem if that would be informative, but I am unable to login, there.
see almost the same three error lines:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoopsConfig in file (mypath)\kernel\object.php line 31
Notice [PHP]: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in file (mypath)\kernel/configitem.php line 99
Notice [PHP]: unserialize(): Error at offset 9 of 19 bytes in file kernel/configitem.php line 99

thunx in advance for any ideas.
been using 1.7 thru 1.9 without major problems.

vr_slider
  • 2005/6/14 20:00

• vr_slider

• Just popping in

sorry had to go for work, ... i am getting a menu and can login now, but when i want to save my prefecrence in the main admin menu i still get the errors and wont save my settings..........

please help..

matt5289
  • 2005/6/15 0:25

• matt5289

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/15

I have just tried to put the CVS nightly in, installed it, copied over all the old settings in with phpmyadmin! I lost all my menus and blocks, yes they do "blow up" how would you get it all back, please reply! i dont want to be making my site from scratch again, its terrible, maybe its resolved in tonights CVS, i sure hope so!

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits