paragshah79
Adding a New Module
  • 2005/6/6 15:04

• paragshah79

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/6 1

Dear all,

I want to customize the XOOPS CMS application. What i am looking for is to Add my own Module "Employees" with the left panel modules.

For e.g. currently there are modules like Members, Polls, FAQs etc.. I want to add my own module say "Employees" and create a section to list all the registered employees with the CMS application.

Please help me out.

Thanx

Parag

charpres
Re: Adding a New Module
  • 2005/6/6 16:57

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

Mmm... I think you may be missing a step.

You need to first create a module that is compatible with XOOPS --which is not an easy task by any means.

I may be wrong, but I get the impression from your question that you believe modules are easily created through a XOOPS function and then simply inserted. Not so.

As module developers here will tell you, creating a module is pretty much like creating any computer program from scratch.

Edit: If, on the other hand, all you want is a block listing employees, you can create a block from System Admin >>Blocks and simply write in a list of employees.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/6 17:06

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

And if you want a page, which can appear on a menu, to list employees - something like WF-Channel, TinyContent or other similar modules may do the job nicely

krystinevo

Or you could use a module like xdirectory or xyp4all...

so many choices ;)

k

charpres
  • 2005/6/6 19:43

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

And taken a step further (still more choices ):

If your registered users are also your employees --as in employees are all registered members, you could also use XOOPS to display your registered members in a block. That would avoid having to manually add employees to a custom block's editing window.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits