solasaurus
no errors, no database, nothing happens
  • 2005/6/6 9:03

• solasaurus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

Well I've been working on installing XOOPS now for several hours, have been trawling through the docs and forums and still have made no progress with this problem. I've successfully installed XOOPS 3 or 4 times on other machines and have a production site running, yet this one has me stumped!

THE PROBLEM: Install is all fine up until the "confirm database settings" step. Green lights all the way. Then I go to the "Check database" step and I get a blank page (the html is this (replace curly brackets with triangle brackets): Quote:
{html}{body}{/body}{/html}

I log onto the database I've created and it shows an "empty set". No error message and no indication of what's gone wrong.

WHAT I'M USING: PHP4.3 / MySQL 4.0.3 (nb: was 4.1, but downgraded when I saw a forum post that suggested this might be the problem. i purged everything before reinstalling) / XOOPS 2.0.10 / Debian Linux (Sarge) / Apache 1.3

This is a freshly installed server, so I haven't had time to do anything exotic with its configuration , except that I've set up an Quote:
Alias /var/www/xoops/html /bcwa
in httpd.conf for this site until I setup the sites domain. This shouldn't be a problem though because I've done this on a testing site twice before and it worked. But this is all I can think of to provide info for anyone trying to debug this.

Help appreciated.

jdseymour
Re: no errors, no database, nothing happens

Firstly double check that the database user has full priviledges. It will fail if there are no priviledges to create tables or insert data.

solasaurus
Re: no errors, no database, nothing happens
  • 2005/6/6 10:46

• solasaurus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

Thanks for taking the time to reply jd. I just this very moment managed to get things installed. However it was not a permission problem. The ONLY thing I did differently was change the setup so that the database table prefix included and underscore.

In other words, previously the setting was:
database name: bcwa
table prefix: bcwa
I changed to:
database name: bcwa
table prefix: wa_ <- note the underscore

Apparently this made a world of difference to the installer.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits