netwrk219
moving blocks up and down...???
  • 2005/6/4 7:02

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

Again, I expose myself for a noob by asking a question I probably should be able to figure out myself.

How can I move blocks up and down on the left and right sides? I'm assuming it has to do with weight. most of my blocks are weighted 0 and the ones I created are weighted 1. If I change the weight to the blocks weighted 0, say to 2, will that push the blocks weighted to 1 up to the top?

Question part 2: I am planning on advertising on my site. I would like to designate specific areas for it, I do NOT want to create a new block for each ad, so what I have done is code the layouts in html and put them all in a block. Now, if I am using phpadsnew(...which I still cant get to work, along with my site stats, but thats a question for another day....)if Iam using phpadsnew for my site, that should allow me to track them. I'm not too sure, since again, I cant seem to get it to work right. I can get my images linked, but no stats....ugh....anyway...

the question is, is this the correct way to get multiple banners in a block, or is there an easier way?

Thanks for the help. I apologize for spelling errors in this post, its nearly 230AM and I'm waaay too tired to look it over again.

Keith

jdseymour
Re: moving blocks up and down...???

Your first question, yes you use the weight function to move blocks up or down a column.

Second question I will have to leave for someone else.

netwrk219
Re: moving blocks up and down...???
  • 2005/6/4 21:15

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

Yeah, that's what I thought. I figured I would check before I did something I might regret. :)

As for the second question, I am ok with leaving the banners where they are, but a little help on how to get them to link correctly to the XOOPS ad manager or to phpadsnew would be helpful.

Until anyone else posts with advice, Ill be in the corner, reading my XOOPS docs, looking for answers.

Thanks again for your reply.

keith

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits