gediminasbyt
Adding link to Main Menu

What is the simpliest way of adding my own custom text/link to MainMenu that refers to my own custom block. Should I use some module or better off using some hard coded html? There is some info that does not change often and I want to add it to MainMenu.

Thanks, Gediminas

Catzwolf
Re: Adding link to Main Menu
  • 2005/6/1 9:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

This has been one of the most asked question I apart from the white page of death, and yet no one in the last three years has even attempted to actually do something about.

The problem is due to the way that XOOPS deals with the mainmenu and it makes it hard just to hardcode this without a serious good hack.

My suggest would be to make a psuedo module and adding it to the main menu that way, if you look in xoops_module.php for a module it will give you a better understanding of how you can add your own pages this way. There should be a faq around explaining how this can be done.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/1 9:34

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This is quite a good way to do it:

http://www.macambridge.com/dummies/menus.htm#How%20to%20add%20your%20own%20url%20links%20to%20your%20main%20menu

Alternatively - it may be worth using a module like multimenu which will allow you to customise the menus further.

gediminasbyt

Thanks Catzwolf and davidl2, this was exactly what I was looking for. I new some way of adding a link, but wasn't sure is it a good way. You both clarified XOOPS main menu links concept.

Regards, Gediminas

erzon
  • 2005/6/1 16:12

• erzon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/1 3

the good way is add your own module..making module is very easy

davidl2
  • 2005/6/1 16:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Theres a very useful piece in the "dummies" guide for this as well:

http://www.macambridge.com/dummies/content.htm#One%20Page%20Module

Login

Who's Online

88 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 88

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits