techmob
gaming ladder or ranking system, anything
  • 2005/5/27 15:33

• techmob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/4 2

anything like a gaming system, ladder or ranking systeam

i know there is a team module, but thats not what i am after

i am after some sort of ranking system like www.mygamingladder.com i have this script but dont know how to intergrate it with xoops...or the nuke ladder again, i have this but don't know how to conver to xoops.. so i am looking for a ranking system that will work for xoops. i have searched and read allot about this and it seems everyone wants one but there isn't any

is there one in secret?

cheechon
Re: gaming ladder or ranking system, anything
  • 2005/5/27 15:51

• cheechon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

i think you have to be more specific, and more importantly, what "gaming" it is and how the mechanism it works, such as what input is needed.

I had installed some flash game which has the "hall of fame" for the flash game score.
http://job.everyonemarketing.com/modules/flashgames/

techmob
  • 2005/5/27 16:03

• techmob

• Just popping in

yeah sorry!

i ment have a gaming ladder/ranking system

so people can join up and they play against other people, they submit scores and then it's all added into a ladder ranking system, stats wins etc are generated that kind of thing!

like a competion system

cheechon
  • 2005/5/27 16:37

• cheechon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

than u may consider the flashgame module that mysite is using. afterall, that is my best choice.

techmob
  • 2005/5/27 17:12

• techmob

• Just popping in

hi cheers, i cannot view it on ur site as its members only!

but i think we are confusing each other..

i am guessing yours is like a flash game that everyone can play and they try to get the top score?

what i am after is kind of like nuke ladder and mygamingladder.com

its a league/ladder system and can work for various spprts or games

see here for an example

Lance_
  • 2005/5/27 17:15

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

There is nothing out there yet. Believe me, I'd know.

I run mygamingladder seperate from XOOPS on my site for now.

Cheers.

Mithrandir

Saying that everyone wants it is perhaps a little overstatement but it seems that those, who want it, can't make it.

I did consider building a Ladder module based on Team, but before I got started, I quit online gaming after a couple of years of Tribes2, so my motivation was suddenly gone.

Also, there are many aspects to consider, when making a ladder module.
In Team, a matchtype is just a matchtype, but in a ladder module, it will be a competition (perhaps a scrimm, but those are not complex) with other teams, rankings, matches, rules of conduct, rules of play when on the server, map pools, maps automatically selected for matches or chosen by the teams, map numbers changing from one competition to another, with ladder admins, with team admins, a game, gametype, perhaps a game mod, rules for challenging other teams, rules for changing challenges, rules for when one can challenge which teams, computations of ranks or scores, perhaps server booking (and management), contact information and means for communication between teams and between teammmembers.

That's quite a list of things that I think should be in a good ladder module, which is also most likely why it doesn't exist yet.

Lance_
  • 2005/5/27 17:27

• Lance_

• Home away from home

Exactly, and since I'm still on chapter 3 of my PHP book, I'm not there to code it yet.

I'd like to ask an unrelated question then. What would be the possibility in 2.2 to integrate a module that would allow to effectively login on another software.

The idea being that since it is improbable to integrate some very advanced modules, what would be the feasability to have them sorta like siamese twins.

I'm thinking a lot about this ladder app and php-collab. Both are stable and mature software. Php-collab gave up their integration with xoops, so I'm wondering if something of the sort could be undertaken from this side of xoops.

Cheers.

techmob
  • 2005/5/27 17:33

• techmob

• Just popping in

hi lance

any idea how to add the my gaming ladder into soem html code as it says you can on the site

i dont know how cheers

Lance_
  • 2005/5/27 17:37

• Lance_

• Home away from home

@Tech

Check out my Lion's den below, and click on Ladders.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits