zimode
Xoops & Window XP
  • 2005/5/23 18:50

• zimode

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

I know this sounds nuts.. but I'm trying to install a LAMP system on windows XP as a way to learn.

I have done the following:

1) Installed the MYSql as a windows service.. created a testDB and loaded up an ODBC driver just to check to see if I can access (which I can in Excel)

2) Installed the Apache 2.x sever as localhost and can access the directory where /www/html

3) Installed the PHP 5.0

4) Installed the XOOPS and went through the install w/o any errors.. the directories & files seem to pass the intallation process..

Ok here the question.. after the XOOPS installation I get a blank page and don't know if that's normal. I re-ran several time to see if XOOPS would create it's own DB.. didn't seem to work..does XOOPS actually create the tables in a DB?

The path to MySQL is fine.. so basically lost in how to attack the problem

I know this is vague any help would be great..

Kumonryu_Kid
Re: Xoops & Window XP

Hi Zimode,

I've installed Apache and all the bells and whistles on my Windows XP box but got nothing. However, I then got hold of the "EasyPHP" (1.18) package and everything worked like an absolute charm - XOOPS installed and worked first time.

I did have problems on the second access but had to disable ZoneAlarm firewall to get it to work. However, I've now upgraded Zone Alarm and that too works.

Can't offer you much help, other than to say it does work, and if you get no joy then try EasyPHP.

Hope this helps,

Gareth

Dave_L
Re: Xoops & Window XP
  • 2005/5/23 19:26

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I don't have WinXP, but I have XAMPP 1.4.9 running on Win2000, and XOOPS runs fine on that.

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits