animas
(Mith's/JKP's) Survey Module Help
  • 2005/5/22 12:22

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

I have tested the .6 version with both XOOPS 2.0.10 and 2.0.9.2 (on localhost) and had the following problems.

"Errors
You have already replied to this survey" the meassages appears above the site header where it should appear below the header, the center part used by modules.

I also need some answers:
1. How does "Validated Email Address" work? Cause it still lets user submit multiple times(testing on localhost, my pc).
2. Is there any other form processor or survey module that hasRestrict Double-submissalfeature?

Thanks.

Mithrandir
Re: (Mith's/JKP's) Survey Module Help

I don't know why the error message appears where it does. Haven't experienced that.

Validated email address means that the reply will not be validated until the email that is sent to the email address is replied to (or rather - there is a link in that email which will validate the reply)

animas
  • 2005/5/22 16:59

• animas

• Quite a regular

About my first problem:
I also tested it with different themes. It seems the message appears before and out of the main table of theme.

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Validated email address means that the reply will not be validated until the email that is sent to the email address is replied to

How do the submitters know that their submission will be validated by email(say they will not check email)?

davidl2
Re: (Miths/JKPs) Survey Module Help
  • 2005/5/22 17:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It may be an idea to add an explanation to it to advise them.

animas
  • 2005/5/22 18:27

• animas

• Quite a regular

Quote:

animas wrote:
"Errors
You have already replied to this survey" the meassages appears above the site header

The code for printing the message seems to be inside class/form.php, line 329. But can't understand why it is printing outside the main table layout of themes.
Any help?

Where can I download Survey .5 just to check?

brash
Re: (Miths/JKPs) Survey Module Help
  • 2005/11/13 7:39

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm getting the same issue as your here animas with the "You have already replied to this survey" message appearing above the header, but this is not the only one. If I try and access the survey module without any active surveys, then a "Errors
Form inactive" message appears above the header in the same way. Also, if I reorder a survey's questions then a "Survey Reordered" message appears above the system admin icon in the XOOPS admin panel. I've tested this on two different systems, both of which are IIS 6, but one running PHP 4.3.11 and the other is PHP 4.4.0. The behaviour is the same on both.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits