russtik
Problems moving a xoops installation
  • 2005/5/17 18:37

• russtik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/13

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this sort of stuff has been discussed a million times, I've looked in the FAQ and scoured the forums and not found an answer yet. So...

I've had an installation of XOOPS running in a sub folder which I now want to move to the root of the webserver. I copied the entire site to my local machine then uploaded it back to the root, changing the paths in the mainfile as I went. I also had to temporarily rename index.php to index2.php so that the current (static) site was still live whilst I set everything up. Upon trying to access index2.php in a browser I get the following:

Error [Xoops]: Smarty errorunable to write to $cache_dir '/web/sites/026/*******/www.*******.co.uk/cache'Be sure $cache_dir is writable by the web server userin file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

So... err... I don't know what to do. Any tips?... pleeeease!

wcrwcr
Re: Problems moving a xoops installation
  • 2005/5/17 19:15

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

Did u check the folders permissions again.
Sometimes they seem to change:

CHMOD 777 templates_c , cache and uploads.

Hope this helps

russtik
  • 2005/5/17 19:43

• russtik

• Just popping in

Duh !

Yeah cheers for that, I can now access the site. I've added a line in the .htaccess also that lets me change the index file back to index.php without it being preferred over index.html.

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

My next problem is that when I'm in the admin section and make a change to the main preferences for example I get the following message:

"Taking you back to where you were...."

...and then it bounces me back without having saved the changes.

Any ideas on that one?

russtik
  • 2005/5/17 19:50

• russtik

• Just popping in

...and to follow that up, I get this message in the blocks admin page between the drop-down menus and the blocks table:

Fatal errorCannot instantiate non-existent class: xoopsformhiddentoken in /web/sites/026/*********/www.********.co.uk/class/xoopssecurity.php on line 220

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits