asche
Groups in Blockadministration are interdependent?
  • 2005/5/12 23:24

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

Whenever I make a change in block-administration for the registered users, the change is alo made for anonymous users well and the other way around as well.

I would like to treat these groups differently, as registered users should be able to see "whos online" while anonymous users should not.

Should not all groups in block administration be independent?

asche
Re: Groups in Blockadministration are interdependent?
  • 2005/5/13 13:06

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

I checked it on a different site, same thing:
- what I like: when I grant block to "registered user", the webmaster will be granted the right as well.
- what I dislike: when I revoke block (like "new members" from group "registered users", the webmaster loses this right as well.

So how can I revoke block from "new members", but still see it as the webmaster?

Mithrandir

groups in blocks administration is a filter

the ONLY place to set permissions to blocks is in groups admin.

asche
  • 2005/5/13 15:53

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

So how can I set the bl.... filter, so that registered users can see "who is online", and anonymous users can not see?

I can only set block in block administration to visible (yes/no). When I change it for one group, it is also changed for other group. ... did'not stumble about it before.

I looked in older XOOPS system and there the anonymous user group does not have this block at all, while it is set visible for the rest of the users.

Must I remove the block from anonymous users or can I handle this with the visibility seetings?

gtop00
  • 2005/5/13 16:24

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Did you have a look at the FAQ? Here it is! (see also the animated istructions!)

Is it what you are looking for?

asche
  • 2005/5/13 16:46

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

FAQ? What is that? )) ... yups, thanks for advice. I did not understand the filter (still dont) with setting blocks to visible or unvisable in block-administration.

So because of dependency for groups in blockadmin (yes, its a filter!) I make the block visble to anybody and just crank of the whole block for a special group in group-administration?

better blocking groupwise ))

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits