Holly1
Xoops Chat Errors..
  • 2005/5/12 21:48

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/4 1

Im using php 4 maybe thats why I have a TON of errors?

ALL my errors read

[ No messages in this chat room ]
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING' in file modules/xoopschat/xoops_version.php line 67
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC' in file modules/xoopschat/xoops_version.php line 68
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING' in file modules/xoopschat/xoops_version.php line 67
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC' in file modules/xoopschat/xoops_version.php line 68

thats just the TOP

MIDDLE reads *Where it says send and the smilies are located *
otice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING - assumed '_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING'

BOTTOM of chat errors

Holly1
Re: Xoops Chat Errors..
  • 2005/5/12 22:35

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

These two errors show at the Bottom of EVERY Page...

Anonymous
  • 2005/5/12 22:49

• Anonymous

• Since:

Undefined constants just mean that some definitions in the language-files you are using are missing.

Look up the other languages if you find the missing definitions.

Holly1
  • 2005/5/12 23:37

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

what are the define values for

_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING and

_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC ??

they do not exist in the english language definition file, i can put them back if i know what they are supposed to be/.

Anonymous
  • 2005/5/12 23:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

Copy this

define("_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTING","Who is chatting?");
define("_MI_XCHATWHOSCHATTINGDESC","Displays who is chatting right now");

and paste it into xoopschat/language/english/modinfo.php.

Holly1
  • 2005/5/13 0:02

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

That took a LOT of the errors away.. :) YEAH

There are still a few more?

Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 3 in file modules/xoopschat/chat.php line 84

THIS is line 84

echo $messages_array[$x];

_____ that is in the TOP box where messages go

Warning [PHP]: main(/home/hoovenl/public_html/Forums/include/xoopsjs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/xoopschat/bottom.php line 25
Warning [PHP]: main(/home/hoovenl/public_html/Forums/include/xoopsjs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/xoopschat/bottom.php line 25
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '/home/hoovenl/public_html/Forums/include/xoopsjs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/xoopschat/bottom.php line 25
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: colors in file modules/xoopschat/bottom.php line 42

_____ NO such file on or colors or anything... ??

Would these be because someone missed adding them or because my FTP didnt add them?

Holly1
  • 2005/5/13 0:04

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

OK I think I understand the Bottom one.. I dont see a xoopjs? In include at all

Is there someone I can get this file?

Anonymous
  • 2005/5/13 0:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

I always shiver when someone asks questions about xoopschat, because these were my first steps porting a module to XOOPS 2 (quite a disaster). In the current versions of XOOPS there is no xoopsjs.php anymore.

Take an editor and search the module for the word xoopsjs.php and replace with xoops.js. That should do the trick (hope so).

I guess the rest of the warnings you could ignore (hope so again).

Holly1
  • 2005/5/13 0:18

• Holly1

• Not too shy to talk

WEll it is in the include file.. I dont even have a xoop.js or anything xoop at all..

The only things I have in there

functions.php
index.html
search.inc.php
xoopsuser.php

So if I use an editor and replace with xoop.js I will get the same errors

Anonymous
  • 2005/5/13 0:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

xoops.js NOT xoop.js

xoops.js resides in yourxoopsroot/include and not inside the include-folder of the module.

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits