xgoof
Spaw editor or ?
  • 2005/5/11 8:17

• xgoof

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

Could anyone please tell me were to find information on the different editors wich can be integrated to xoops, like Spaw, FCK, htmlarea...

What I'm looking for is a comparison and perhaps some information on how to install...

Which one do you prefere ?

Thanks.

rickh
Re: Spaw editor or ?
  • 2005/5/11 8:27

• rickh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 6

well, I think Spaw is the fastest editor (loading time) and is the only editor which can use your images from XOOPS image manager. But Spaw hasnt full support for mozilla firefox.

I also tried HTMLarea and FCK editor, but i cannot use images from XOOPS imagemanager and they are loading much slower than spaw. As far as i can see these editors do have full support for firefox.

I think you have to try them yourselves and decide which one is the best in your situation

siweb
  • 2005/5/11 8:38

• siweb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/2 1

I'm using Koivi editor, which can also use XOOPS image manager. It was build with XOOPS in mind. No problems with Firefox.

pdajunkee
  • 2005/6/3 23:27

• pdajunkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 2

I'm also using the Koivi editor with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I'm very happy with it.

The only thing that it is missing is the ability to upload files. I'm pretty sure SPAW can do this and I've heard that the latest version of SPAW does support Firefox but I'm not technical enough to download it from their site without the great step-by-step instructions usually provided on this site.

So... I really like Koivi because it supports Image Manager and Firefox. But no file upload option.

In my perfect world I would be able to work on an article, and click on an upload button, locate the file on my hard drive, click upload, have the editor recognize the file type and place the appropriate icon into the page I'm editing with a link to the file I just uploaded.

jerik
  • 2005/7/16 18:37

• jerik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/16

I've just uploaded HtmlAera to the class folder... how do i make it my default editor?

Bender
  • 2005/7/16 19:24

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check this out:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32849&forum=29&post_id=143045#forumpost143045
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jerik
  • 2005/7/16 19:43

• jerik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/16

I can't find any asnwer to my question there, just which one's the best... again, how do i "enable" it? Is it hard?

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits