tommyb
Per-Group Public, Private Module Section Setup
  • 2005/4/25 17:23

• tommyb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/19

Hello all,

I'm setting up my first XOOPS site and would appreciate some general guidance from a veteran Xoopser.

I plan to offer an Image Gallery, a File Upload/Download Area, Discussion Forums, FAQ section, Resource Reservation System, an Events Calendar, and other common features that the wonderful XOOPS provides.

I will be creating around 40 user groups. I'd like for each group to have publicly and privately accessible sections of each of the above-mentioned features. This would allow each department of my company to make certain information available company-wide as well as other information being available exclusively to their staff members. I want each department's submissions to be clearly identified/searchable.

It appears that I have to repeat a lot of setup steps to accomplish this. I have to go into the System Admin-Groups section and create a security group. Then, I have to go into the download module and create a MAIN category for the group, then "Public" and "Private" SUB-categories, then specify which security groups do what with each category/subcategory. Then I have to go into AMS and setup Topics and SUB-topics and their associated security group rights. Similar operations will await me in each of the other modules.

Is there an easier way of accomplishing this or having it be a more automated process? I would think this would be a common need for any company intranet based on Xoops.

Many thanks in advance for all advice!

Login

Who's Online

75 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 75

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits