meatmaker
xoops-site login error. loggin in all the time...
  • 2005/4/11 22:50

• meatmaker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/11

Hello,

i`m managing a XOOPS Site ( www.khazgoroth.de ) and i´m using Autologin since the Community started.
Everything was working perfectly since 2-3 Hours ago...

Now, the Site is performing an Autologin, everytime a User wants zu enter an Modul-Page or wants to visit a forum. Due to this, the whole page isn´t working anymore. Its simply REloggin you in all the time and sending you back to the mainpage.

I found out, that the site AutoLoggs me everytime i link to an Page with an Parameter...

i.e: a link to www.sfg.com/user.php works fine.
but a link to www.sfg.com/user.php?op=logout will cause a autologin...
All in all: everytime i open a link to an page with an parameter -->
www.xyz.com/link?parameter
the system reloggs me

Im Using XOOPS Core 2.0.7.2 and i dont have any need to update to newer versions. everything was working before and i didn´t chance anything. I´m quite disturbed, why this error occures since 3 hours ago... even if i want to perform a LogOut from my xoopsSite, im getting an Autologin !!!!

i deleted all my cookies. so i was definitly logged out.
When loggin in again manually, the same problem occured again.

Im admin of a second XOOPS site, which is a simple clone of www.khazgoroth.de . The strange thing is, that on this second site NO problems occur. everything works very well there.

I need help as soon as possible.

Thx, Dan
Mail@daniel-cron.de
icq 83769473

brash
Re: xoops-site login error. loggin in all the time...
  • 2005/4/11 23:58

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

My first question would be what's changed on the server? Have you made ANY changes to your theme or PHP environment? Have you tried scanning your webserver logs from the period of time when the issues started?

meatmaker
Re: xoops-site login error. loggin in all the time...
  • 2005/4/12 16:19

• meatmaker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/11

I was able to retore an backup of the MySQL DB and now the error ist gone.
I tried to find out, what caused this error.

I Found the follwing things:

-The xoops_sessions Table is the table with the most updates. This seems to be logical, because the table is updated everytime a user loggs in to the site.
In my working Backup the xoops_sessions Table was the last updated table before the backup ran.

- In my Sql-Backup from the NOT-Working site (created 1 day after the working backup) the xoops_sessions Table was updated at 18.20 o´clock, while the backup started 4 hours later.

So it seems, the Xoops-Page was not able to create sessions anymore an thatswhy, the users were not recognized as "logged in".

Does someone know, why the XOOPS site was not ably anymore to create sessions or maybe update the xoops_sessions Table???

This MUST have been the error.

Dan

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits