ColdCoffee
Photoshop Slice Layout to theme.
  • 2005/4/9 1:32

• ColdCoffee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 1

Hello I am trying to implement a graphic layout that I created in Photoshop using slices and turning it to a theme for Xoops. From what I read in the tutorials about theme making that there is different tables for specific blocks that XOOPS uses (ex. Center left right header). As to stay away from the generic look of most CMS systems my theme will not use all the tables such as rightblock etc... Well my main question is if you need to have those tables identified in the theme.html for the page to load correctly. Any suggestions to make the process a bit simpler would be most obliged.

incama
Re: Photoshop Slice Layout to theme.
  • 2005/4/12 15:40

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

You don't have to define all the blocks available in xoops. In fact you don't have to define any of the blocks. Just don't forget the main smarty variable <{$xoops_content}>.

rowdie
Re: Photoshop Slice Layout to theme.
  • 2005/4/12 18:59

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You don't need to use tables. The only essential part of the theme is the content, not how it is presented... presentation is entirely up to the designer.

The content that you have to work with is:
Main page content:
<{$block.content}>

'Blocks' of content:
<{$xoops_lblocks}>
<{
$xoops_rblocks}>
<{
$xoops_clblocks}>
<{
$xoops_ccblocks}>
<{
$xoops_crblocks}>

Traditionally, because of the name and user expectation I guess, those blocks of content have been positioned in left, right, center left, center center and center right positions. But there is no reason why you can't put that content wherever you want, put all of them in one area if you like, in whatever format... i.e., tables are not necessary.

Look at existing theme.html files to see how to get access to the content in the blocks and main page.

Good luck

Rowd

Login

Who's Online

297 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 297

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits