PatsRule
RSS question
  • 2005/4/8 21:03

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hi all... thank you in advance.

I'm just learning how RSS works and in time I will add it to my sight so my members will be able to see the latest updates. That part I think I know how to do. What I am unsure of is this tho.

I have a sports website and have an RSS feed on my desktop from say "ESPN". From there i can see the latest news as it happens. What I would like to know is can I add this to my website so my members can see it also? It's baseball season so I would like to add a block on my homepage that will display their feed, so they can click on the links to get the latest info. Figure use target_blank so they stay on my site and get taken to it from a separate window.

Can this be done in Xoops. If so, could someone direct me to a site that explains how to do this..and I assume that something has to be added to my site for it to allow the feed to be shown. This is the stuff I am not sure of. Doing a search here tells me how to make my site have a feed of my content and let users download from me. Hope I am making clear what I would like to do. Thanks again in advance.

jdseymour
Re: RSS question

Yes, you will need something like the headlines module for this. I use xhld module for this.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits