Cavan
AMS 2.41...Issue with registered users submitting articles
  • 2005/4/6 16:27

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

Well, thanks to brash, we're upgraded to AMS 2.41 and everything's working fine, except...none of the submissions posted by registered users are being displayed on the modules/AMS/index.php page. This happens regardless if the registered user has Approve permissions or not. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, if registered users don't have Approve permission, the fields in submit.php obviously change. Is it necessary for registered users to actually have Approve permission in order to submit articles? This would seem to negate the use of the Submit permission...And, if this is the case, I need to get rid of all the extra fields in the submit.php (especially the upload, or select file field) that we don't need:

Display Image?
Position
Publish in Home?
Audience
Banner/Sponsor
Select file
Options

Any suggestions?

Cavan
Re: AMS 2.41...Issue with registered users submitting articles
  • 2005/4/7 20:01

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Okay, I managed to take care of most of this by simply editing the modules/AMS/include/storyform.inc.php file. I reset the Approve permissions for Registered Users to "All" and everything works fine now.

However, I need to remove the article footer with the rating images, "Edit", etc., on both modules/AMS/index.php and modules/AMS/article.php. I don't need any of these displayed on either page.

Where do I do this? I've looked in the ams_index.html, ams_article.html and ams_item.html but just can't seem to make any changes (and yes, "Update module templates" is ON).

Cavan
  • 2005/4/7 21:04

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Silly me...I forgot to update the AMS module after making the changes to the .html files. All better now and works like a charm!

Bravo to brash for putting AMS out there for the masses!

brash
  • 2005/4/7 23:19

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Errrr...glad I could help with that one

Cavan
  • 2005/4/8 4:36

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks again for everything you've done to help us get up and running smoothly.

Cavan
  • 2005/4/8 6:23

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Hmm...Strange stylesheet problem with the article.php now---the border around the article on index.php is fine but when you click 'read more' and go to article.php, the border disappears. There's no difference in the classes used in the article.html or item.html so what's going on?

brash
  • 2005/4/8 6:34

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

No CSS expert, but;

Quote:

.itemHead {padding: 7px; color: #096135; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; background-image: url(images/cellpic3.gif); background-color: #ffffff; border: 1px solid #ffffff;}

You are specifying a white border here which is overiding the border you specify in the .item class

Cavan
  • 2005/4/8 6:40

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

Yeah, tried that, it only adds a border around the title on article.php page but it doubles its thickness on index.php page...I'm still looking...usually pretty good with stylesheets but this has got me wondering about the table class or lack thereof in article.html...maybe not?

brash
  • 2005/4/8 6:54

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Just noticed with your theme that the index is in a table, where as the article view is not. I'd suggest geting FireFox and the EditCSS plugin. You can add/edit your CSS on the fly and have the results show immediately in your browser window. Worth its weight in gold .

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits