Ilustrador
Re-selling XOOPS
  • 2005/4/4 4:44

• Ilustrador

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/1 3

I've read the Creative Commons license and some threads about re-selling xoops, but I'm confused.

Can I design a template and a theme using XOOP, install and setup a XOOPS site and then charge my client for my design and setup time without hiding the fact that I used XOOP and giving credit for it? Is that considered reselling?

Thanks.

Ilustrador

brash
Re: Re-selling XOOPS
  • 2005/4/4 4:56

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You can charge for your time and services no problem. Only thing you can't do is remove the credits from the PHP files themselves. You also need to be aware that any work you do under XOOPS will also be covered by the GPL, and therefore if released anyone can use/edit/redistribute your work without your permission.

Mithrandir

Also, the Creative Commons license applies to the site content here on xoops.org

XOOPS itself (the code) is GNU/GPL licensed, meaning that you can charge whatever you want as long as you
1. Keep original credits in the code comments
2. Don't restrict what the people who buy the code can do with it - so you cannot tell the buyers that they may not re-distribute it for free.

Ilustrador
  • 2005/4/4 20:54

• Ilustrador

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/1 3

Thanks Brash & Mithrandir, sounds reasonable to me.

I had done a whole lot of time on a project and suddenly started awefullizing that it may have all been in vain. Not the case here.

Best.
I

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits