martyboy
Urgent help needed, cant login to my site
  • 2005/4/2 23:50

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi,

I hope someone can help me here. All of a sudden I seem unable to login to my site anymore either as admin or as a normal member.

When i click to login it brings up the 'Thankyou for logging in, admin page' then redirects as normal to the homepage but the user menu doesnt show up and when i try to access admin.php directly it tells me I have no right to access that area, it's as if im being logged in then logged out again as soon as it redirects.

I am the only webmaser so know one else has access to the admin section, I havent changed any settings or my browser settings the only problem there was was earlier today MySQL was down on the server for a while and this is the first time I have tried to loggin since then, would it be possible for this to have caused some type of error in the database? I dont know where to start looking though I know nothing about MySQL really.

I had a look at some similar problmes on this forum but none seem to help me out, I hope someone can help.

Thanks.

jdseymour
Re: Urgent help needed, cant login to my site

If you are running a firewall or antispyware program be sure it is not blocking referer information or cookies. XOOPS needs both to function properly.

martyboy
  • 2005/4/3 1:11

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked my firewall and internet explorer settings and they seem fine to my knowledge nothing on my local computer has changed as I was able to loggin fine earlier today the only thing that has occurred was MySQL being down on the server which brought up the could not connect to database error message, but sql is back up now and my site is functioning normal except I cant seem to login.

I also tried logging in using firefox incase it was a browser issue but to no avail, I also tried clearing templates_c but still nothing, I also have a second XOOPS site installed in a different directory of my main site as an addon domain and I can loggin fine to that one.

I really need some help with this problem as I am tottaly stumped registration is enabled on the site feel free to register and try logging in the url is http://mjtkop.com/home/

I would really appreciate any help or assistance someone can give me on this problem.

Thanks

Dave_L
  • 2005/4/3 1:24

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I would access the database with phpMyAdmin, and "check" all the tables. If no errors are reported, browse through some of the tables and see if anything looks odd. For example, see whether "your" row is present in the users table, and has the correct column values.

Also, it is possible that any configuration changes were made to the server, such as upgrading MySQL?

martyboy
  • 2005/4/3 1:29

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Dave_L you read my mind, I have just done that, went to MySQL in cpanel clicked check and it was coming up x users are using or havent closed the table properly so I clicked repair and now its working I can loggin again..thank god. I was really panicking there.

Thanks.

jdseymour

Ok, I registered. The first time it would not let me log in. The second and each other try I logged in with no troubles.

Closed the browser tried again and can still log in without a problem.

Add: did not see your other post. Glad you got it working.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits