dbarker348
WebLinks: trying to put more information in the 'Recent Links' block
  • 2005/3/22 21:59

• dbarker348

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/22

Hey there
Have to say I'm loving Xoops! So easy to use!

I have a problem though... I'm using WebLinks (the one I got from the Module Repository - not the one that came with Xoops). It's great but my site (http://www.thezoom.com) is based around the front page which contains the "Recent Links" block.

I am able to show the number of Comments, Hits and Date Added, but when I use the tag to display the Rating, it just gives me a blank text where it should be. Also, when I tried to put in the tag for the description, it just came up blank. I got the tags from the other templates.

How can I change it so that I can show the Rating in the Recent Links block? Does anyone know the tag I should use? Do I have to to anything special? (and why do the other tags work but Rating and Description don't??... they work in other templates - I just copied and pasted)

Thanks!
Dave

kenboldt
Re: WebLinks: trying to put more information in the 'Recent Links' block
  • 2006/8/30 16:55

• kenboldt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/30

I am having the same problem. I would like to display the link description below the link title in the "Recent Links" block but I can't seem to get it to work.

I tried modifying the template to the following:

<ul>
  <{foreach 
item=link from=$block.links}>
    <
li><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/mylinks/singlelink.php?cid=<{$link.cid}>&lid=<{$link.id}>"><{$link.title}>a>
 (<{
$link.date}>)<br />
  <
div style="text-align: justify"> <{$link.description}>div>li>
  <{/foreach}>
ul>

notice that I added in the
<div style="text-align: justify"> <{$link.description}>div>

to try to achieve the displaying of the description. I got that code from the template for displaying a link, but for whatever reason it will not display the description. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

Login

Who's Online

307 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 307

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits