davidtillyer
Adding a new theam to the main menu

Hi ALL,
How do I add a NEW theam/Name to the main menu like you would add a new module and it will appare in the main or user menu. i want to add somthing like "About Us" so when you click on it in the main menu it take you to that page.

HOW DO I DO THAT?

David

Bassman
Re: Adding a new theam to the main menu
  • 2005/3/22 0:28

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

davidtillyer

THANK YOU

davidtillyer

I have read the FAQ but still a littel unsure how to do this can you give me some advise/examples on how to go about adding a "About Us" link

David

davidtillyer

I have edited that HTML file and uploded it and I can see the new word "Yourtext" it reads.

I now come to this:
NOW after your changes, update your system module: The menu template is stored in the database, "updating" changes the old database version to your new one

Which I do not understand!!!! PLEASE HELP

Q: How do I change this now and link it to a page?

JasonMR
  • 2005/3/22 3:26

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

To set a link, use the following HTML:

<a href="URLwhereToLinkTo">YOURLINKTEXT</a>

After you made the changes to the appropriate file, and uploaded it, go to Sys Admin -> Modules.

You should now see a table with all installed modules. To the right there are two images, which work as buttons. Hovering over them lets an explanation text appear. The left button/image is the one to update the module.

As you have manipulated a file from the system module, click the update button of the system module. This will (should ) make your changes effective.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits