phpbeginner
XOOPS not seen in MySql

Hi everyone,

I am using a PHP forum now, however a friend set up the MySQL data base. I can log on and see the current forum, but not the xoops. I have uploaded the files to the server.

My question is: how to make the XOOPS files seen in mysql, or how to get the files to the MySQL data base?

I read numerous post about creating a data base, but I have a data base created on the server.

thanks

rabideau
Re: XOOPS not seen in MySql
  • 2005/3/12 16:51

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Please review the Installation Guide on this page:http://docs.xoops.org/modules/xdocman/index.php?doc=xu-002&lang=en

I am fairly certain your question is answered there.

phpbeginner

OK, so I don't need to upload directly to the MySQL admin, or at least I don't see anything in the link stating so.
If that is the case, I may need to reinstall everything and try again.

One interesting thing; I can see the XOOPS logo in the address bar when loading my page. I can't see the install page tho.

phpbeginner

Well, i can't find any documentation for my specific problem at the link...however, i am using smartftp; when i drag the html folder to my public_ area the system,or whatever on the server end creates a html folder and all the files and folders go there. I have tried to manually do the upload, but it is so extensive and would take a loooong time.. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Why is the server end creating the html folder, and not letting me put it in the public area.

OH, I use seanic.net if that will help.

Bender
  • 2005/3/16 20:43

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You put the content of the html folder (from the archive) to the folder where your domain points to right?
(only the content ... saying files and subfolders but not the "html" folder itself)

If you then just call your domain in a browser you should see the XOOPS installer.

Does that happen?

phpbeginner

OK...maybe that is my problem. I drug the html folder..i'll try expanding the html folder first, then dragging each folder,and file.

phpbeginner

OK,well after emailing my host, it seems I only have 1 MySQL data base and it is being used by phpbb. So I will have to decide if I want to keep, or delete it then upload xoops.

Dave_L
  • 2005/3/19 16:58

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You can use the same database for phpBB and XOOPS. Just choose different table prefixes.

Mithrandir

Since it is not apparent that you have understood this, you will have to install XOOPS on the webserver for the tables to be added to the database. Just uploading the files will not do that.

When you have uploaded the files, go to the index.php of the root (if you have www.example.com and put the files in public_html/html, you should point the browser to www.example.com/html) and follow the steps in the installer.

jdseymour

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 117

jjdai,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!