Anonymous
WYSIWYG
  • 2005/3/12 1:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

Real newb with this stuff. Trying to learn as much as I can. Can somebody be nice enough to point me in the right direction as far as WYSIWYG. Again, real newb, and trying to figure it out on my own is fruitless, I haven't found one article that I understand yet.

What I want to do- With my XOOPS site, I have alot of articles that I need to edit, stuff like font size, bold, italicizing. I have been manually doing it with html, but getting a built-in WYSIWYG editor would be way more efficient.

Who Needs WYSIWYG- Just me, I'm the only webmaster and the only user that needs WYSIWYG.

What I try- I go to news articles, I highlight the text, I click Bold or Underline or whatever, and nothing happens but the SAMPLE text changes.

I'm willing to read but after 30 futile minutes of trying to find what to read that I can understand, I'm exactly where I started making no progress at all.

A simple howto article, a quick newb summary, if there's a module to edit, if there's an editor to download first...please point me to info getting me started!

Again, What I want to do- Use a built-in WYSIWYG editor, for my news articles.

banned
Re: WYSIWYG
  • 2005/3/12 2:18

• banned

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/16

All the wysiwyg's editor for XOOPS are here (.. well, i think).
Follow the instruction in the readme files

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?htmlarea

jdseymour

News 1.3 or AMS 2.4 both have means of using the Koivi editor.

All you would need to do is install the Article module of your choice, run the update script to import your current articles. Install Koivi and read the readme and install documents, replace the files as instructed, update the system module and your done. The News 1.3 or AMS 2.4 module will do the rest and you can choose Koivi for your editor.

News 1.3

Koivi

AMS module is available here, not released to the general public yet though, but very soon will be.

HTH.

Anonymous
  • 2005/3/12 2:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks. Perfect. I'll post an update shortly.

Anonymous
  • 2005/3/12 7:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm almost there I think. I've installed News 1.3, from 1.1 I think, and it worked fine. I see the difference and made permissions and module changes no problem. Problem is I can't get Koivi into the mix, and I'm dying to get this WYSIWYG working for my news articles. Please help!

I downloaded Koivi. I read the readme file. Below are the instructions, numbered in quotes. It was only four instructions. What I did is in between ----- lines.

1) "Copy wysiwyg folder into your XOOPS "class" folder"
----- I used my ftp client to upload the new wysiwyg folder to the "Class" folder where my XOOPS is (on my web hosts computer). All the old wysiwyg folder is now overwritten with the new one. I think this went fine.------

2) "Replace your system_imagemanager.html template with the new one."
I uploaded the new system_imagemanager.html file to the /public_html/modules/system/templates/ folder. Not sure if that's the right place, but there was a system_imagemanager.html file in their to overwrite so I guess so?

3) "Follow instructions in docs folder for implement wysiwyg class in modules."
Problem for sure. I couldn't find instructions in the docs folder. I updated the system and news modules but that's not right.

4. "Make sure to clear the cache data in your browser, specially if you use mozilla or firefox."
I use Firefox and cleared the cache.

Thanks for helping me out. I'm not so good at this stuff but I'm trying and really am having fun and do apperciate support.

So I've got the Koivi WYSIWYG folder in the right folder I think. And I think I replaced the system)imagemanager.html file right. And updating modules and clearing cache I don't forget. Something I'm missing about getting Koivi as my text editor. Probably how to implement wysiwyg class in modules. Not really sure what that even means Thanks very very much-

samuels
  • 2005/3/13 23:46

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

There are some modules that support directly koivi without changing any file, like news 1.3 or AMS.

If you want to use in other modules you need to change some files. There are some examples on koivi docs, but if it isn't enough, just ask and I'll try to help you.

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits