sparky
CatAds minor mods - help needed please
  • 2005/3/7 0:04

• sparky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/6 2

I just installed catads 1.23 to ver 2 Xoops, and it appears to be a really good module, however I need to make a couple of minor mods that may or may not be useful to others.

1. I would like to suppress (or remove) the lines of text above the category boxes. In other words, I do not want visitors to see the lines:
-----------------
" Ads from MySite Freebie Classifieds

There are 1 activated ad(s) and 0 ad(s) waiting for validation"
------------------
2. I plan NOT to use icons for categories, so I would like to do more than simply use the "blank.gif" that is included.
Instead, I would like to completely remove all images from the category listing, and in the process, reclaim the extra blank space that is wasted (currently approx 3+ lines of blank space). This would make the category boxes look much better when not using icons or images in the category boxes - especially since I will have many categories.

In a simple HTML script I could easily do this, but I'm not a coder by profession, and I'm having trouble doing it in this script for some reason. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I think that perhaps some others might find the same changes useful in certain circumstances.
My gratitude to the authors of both XOOPS and CatAds for fine scripts! I had the full site built and ready in less than 1 day, except for these minor mods.
Cheers,
Sparky

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits