pmhoran
TinyD 2.05 by GIJOE
  • 2005/2/25 17:09

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I actually downloaded TinyD from GIJOE's website ... http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

Although I have been "looking at" XOOPs for a couple years ... this is the first site I am actually using online.

My biggest hurdle was finding a module which would display & list the web pages I had on the old version of the site in XOOPs in a manner my visitors would (hopefully) find convenient & easy.

I tried a number of modules I thought might work. All of them had their pluses & minuses ... but TinyD did it in the way I needed it to do. I have 10 copies (so far) of the module on my site displaying 10 "categories" of web pages and all the pages in those categories listed in the submenu. Plus the visitor can navigate to the Previous Page or the Next Page by links on each displayed page ... and each page can be printed or emailed.

Its GREAT ... and exactly what I needed for my site to fulfill my need.

It has a couple quirky little things that take a bit of getting used to ... but the pluses of the module far outweigh any of the quirky stuff.

Another thing really high up on the pluses ... it handles the html just as it was in my web pages ... no need to alter it. Some other modules, I had to remove all the formatting and save the page ... then open the page in another wysiwyg program and compact the html before cutting & pasting into the textarea box. If I didn't then the spacing was all wrong in the page display. In "TinyD" I can just open the page ... cut & paste into the TinyD's textarea box and it just "handles it". That's a BIG bonus and a big time saver.

Great work GIJOE ... thanks for your efforts

Peter

You can view TinyD in use at my web site
http://www.merlinean.com

xueming
Re: TinyD 2.05 by GIJOE
  • 2005/4/7 22:12

• xueming

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/7 6

Very nice site and thank you for sharing !!

I was wondering how you do change the url from :

modules/tinycontent/

to tinycontent+index.htm

and all other modules.

I don't what it called, so I can not do a search on it. Would you please let me know or point me the right direction. Thanks a lot

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits