BahamutZaero
Does Xoops work in IE when using custom themes?

I know that IE cannot display CSS properly, but the issues I'm having in IE with XOOPS seem crazy... no matter what I do, all my tables have invisible borders around them. This is causing everything to look horrible in IE!

Awhile ago I asked for some help here and received the suggestions to make sure that the tables all had the proper tags, which I went through and did - but it didn't help one bit. Eventually our team went off to work on other projects, so I let this slide.

Now, however, I really need to get this finished, and since the company wants to stick with these template systems, I find myself in quite a bind... nothing I do makes the site display properly with Xoops!

So I ask, what all is needed to make IE to 'NOT' place an invisible border around all tables? What tags are needed? Are there any special XOOPS commands that tell IE not to make the gaps?

Any help is greatly appriciated.... (and man do I wish I could just place a "Looks best in FireFox" link on our site!)

Thanks!

karedokx
Re: Does Xoops work in IE when using custom themes?
  • 2005/2/21 14:24

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

my template works perfectly in either ie or firefox. true, got to do some adjustment here and there (sometimes need to do a deep try and error, search trought the internet, etc). however, my point is it is working for ie and firefox.

you might want to share/put the template/show your website somewhere so we can have a look at it?

jmass
Re: Does Xoops work in IE when using custom themes?
  • 2005/2/21 15:46

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

There is nothing really XOOPS specifif in a theme.

You are having the same cross browser issues that every webesigner faces. Do some general reasearch. Look at sites that look good in both and learn from them.

In short, there is no magic XOOPS tag to tell IE not to screw things up.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits