Peekay
What does Activity Percentile mean?
  • 2005/2/13 22:56

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Recently while looking for support on a couple of modules, I wound up over at dev.xoops.org (where the serious stuff goes on!). Can someone explain to me how to translate the jargon over there? In particular the meaning of:

Development Status:
Activity Percentile:
Activity Ranking:

Many Thx

Peekay
Re: What does Activity Percentile mean?
  • 2005/2/21 17:32

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Bump.

rowdie
  • 2005/2/21 18:19

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

As I understand it...

'Development Status' is manually set by the Project Admin to indicate the status of their module. It is especially useful when browsing the project list, as you can then easily find all projects that are at Production Status or higher.

The only problem with the Development Status is that not all Project Admins remember to change the status, or in fact to fill out the Trove Categorization details in the first place...which means that not all projects are included when browsing the project list this way.

The dev.xoops.org forge development modules are based on SourceForge.net, so I'm assuming it uses the same manner of working out the activity percentile and ranking. If that is the case, then this SourceForge link might be interesting reading. The following is taken from that link (and adapted for the XOOPS situation);

Project rankings
Project rankings exist SOLELY to as a promotional benefit to those projects which are active and make use of the resources of dev.xoops.org. The 10 highest-ranked projects are listed in a block on the front page of dev.xoops.org.

They should NOT be used to evaluate whether one project is "better" than another, nor to determine which projects are being developed most actively (there are a lot of factors involved in such a question, many of which are qualitative, not quantitative).

How are project rankings calculated?
Each week it examines the following to calculate the project rankings for that week: number of forum posts, number of tasks, number of bugs, number of patches, number of tracker items, number of commits to CVS, number of files released and number of downloads.

Activity Percentile
Take the result, and the activity is the percentile of that project (0-100%) against all other projects who had a non-zero result. It should be noted that web page views are not taken into account when measuring project activity, whereas they are included in the aggregated statistics shown on the Project Statistics page.

That was a good question

Rowd

Peekay
  • 2005/2/21 19:22

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

And that... was an excellent answer! Many thx.

Login

Who's Online

357 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 357

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits