mongrel
xcGallery giving me a hard time with e-cards
  • 2005/2/13 6:48

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Hey, all—

I've got a weird one for ya.

When I send an e-card from xcGallery to myself, I have no difficulty checking my e-mail, clicking on the link that opens up the browser window to display the card.

When I send an e-card to someone else, they click the link in the e-mail and get "Can't find e-card!"

At first I thought it was because I was sending to someone who would be an "anonymous user," but when I logged out of my own site to test that theory, I still was perfectly able to pick my e-card.

I read kiwiguy's fix forsending e-card problems, but that did not change my situation.

Anyone with ideas on what settings/bugs could cause this? Muchas gracias in advance to anyone who can help!

mongrel

mongrel
Re: xcGallery giving me a hard time with e-cards
  • 2005/2/13 7:43

• mongrel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/15

Hey again, all!

I figured it out! In the text that is sent with the e-mail announcement "So and So has sent you an e-card," the link to the e-card looks like this:

Dear {R_NAME},

Quote:
{S_NAME}({S_MAIL}) has sent an ecard for you.
Please, pick it up at {CARD_LINK}).
Your ecard will be saved {SAVE_DAYS} days in our database.

Strangely, the recipient's e-mail client, Microsoft Entourage, was including the parenthesis after {CARD_LINK} as part of the URL of the e-card. So that was enough to throw off the browsers. I believe that the end parenthis is a typo.

Neither Mac "Mail" or LotusNotes had a problem with it, though. Still, enough to drive me crazy for about 6 hours.

Pass this post on to anyone who's encountering a similar problem.

mongrel

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits