kumzzy
how do i set a "ZZZ theme" as a default theme?
  • 2005/2/13 4:53

• kumzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

alhtough I have 3 themes installed but i cant seem to set them as a default theme as there is onli "default" is available...any 1 can help? I have attached a screen shot

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/9122/17ab.gif

jdseymour
Re: how do i set a "ZZZ theme" as a default theme?

I see in your screen shot that imago8 is selected also. Did you scroll down and save your changes before you went to set your default theme. It will not update in the list until the settings are saved.

iHackCode
Re: how do i set a "ZZZ theme" as a default theme?

K,

Default in that dropdown list is a template (Difference Between Theme And Templates)
I'll just quote the good parts
Quote:
Additional explanations from the xoops.org forums:

from Ackbarr: Templates control the layout of a module's content, whereas themes control the overall appearance of the site.

from Herko: To be more exact then ackbarr, the theme is uploaded manually to the theme folder in your XOOPS root dir. To change the styles and look of your whole site, download the standard theme, and edit it offline to fit your taste. Then upload the theme files to the themes folder (naming the folderlike: themes/humbrietheme/theme.html etc.).

Templates can be edited through the template manager in your system admin menu. Clone the default template set, and edit the cloned set to fit the look and feel of your site's taste. The tempates can be edited per module.

If you are trying to edit the theme.html in your themes folder and nothing seems to be changed, be sure that you set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to "YES" in General Settings!!

I Think The "Selectable Theme" Section Is For The Theme Block. Where the user can select a theme they want to see the site in.

"Default Theme" is right below "Default TimeZone" (in the same page your pic is at)

But you will not see what you select to the default theme until you logout of your site

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits