electprogeny
white page after install - error message in debug

Greetings! I am eager to begin working with XOOPS but am running into a bit of a snag.

After "successful" installation I tried viewing my site and see absolutely nothing.

I did the SQL mod for debugging and receive the following error:

"Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /class/template.php on line 38
Warning [PHP]: main(/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file class/template.php line 38

I'm guessing the problem here is the include_path function looking for the /usr/local/lib/php information?

In any event here is the other relevant information for anyone who can assist:

PHP Version: 4.3.10
MySQL Version: 4.0.21-standard
Apache Version: 1.3.28
Xoops Version: I think it's 2.9.0.2

Database name and user/password are correct - tables were created successfully during installation, and I can use the same variables to log into my sql instance.

Register Globals is on

I was able to see the install.php - and complete the installation.

I am unable to see the index.php - it is blank and produces the error message, with debug on, that is referenced above.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

shadowknight
Re: white page after install - error message in debug

I have just experienced the same problem.

I inspected the installation folder and found that the filenames had been truncated/garbled by upping them with Dreamweaver, I suspect you may have the same problem, you should check that out.

Joel

electprogeny
Re: white page after install - error message in debug

Quote:

shadowknight wrote:
I have just experienced the same problem.

I inspected the installation folder and found that the filenames had been truncated/garbled by upping them with Dreamweaver, I suspect you may have the same problem, you should check that out.

Joel

I don't appear to have any truncated file names in the install folder. I used WS_FTP to do my ftp session, and from what I can see it all looks "normal" in that particular part of the upload.

Login

Who's Online

535 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 535

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits