Anonymous
Upgrade to newbb 2
  • 2005/2/4 22:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

I just upgraded from newbb 1 to newbb 2 by deleting the newbb directory on the server and then copying the version 2 newbb folder up.

I then went into the modules section and did "update". It is now version 2 with the new features, but when I try to create a new category or even modify an existing category, after pressing the submit button, the page has the following error:

"Database Error" and then goes back to the create category.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Re: Upgrade to newbb 2
  • 2005/2/4 23:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Another problem:

When I click on any of th e"display " options on the menu, the following error occures:

An Error Occured
SELECT t.*, u.name, u.uname,u2.name as last_post_name, u2.uname as last_poster, p.post_time as last_post_time, p.poster_name as last_poster_name, p.icon, p.post_id FROM xoops_bb_topics t LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = t.topic_poster LEFT JOIN xoops_bb_posts p ON p.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id LEFT JOIN xoops_users u2 ON u2.uid = p.uid WHERE p.post_time > 1098919469 AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 ORDER BY p.post_time DESC

Thanks.

Bender
  • 2005/2/4 23:09

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Was newbb1 installed before and in use?

If so: Did you just update the module or did you also run the update script to convert the old content?

Anonymous
  • 2005/2/4 23:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yes, 1.1 was previously installed.

As I stated, I deleted the old newbb folder from the modules directory then copied the newbb version 2 to the server. From within the modules admin panel, I clicked on "updtate" and that is it. If there is another script that needs to run then no, I didn't run an update script. Where would I find this script?

Anonymous
  • 2005/2/4 23:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Sorry, I wrote too soon. I did run the "newbbpro_to_newbb2.php" script. and it updated stuff.

Beejay
  • 2005/2/4 23:41

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Yes, run yoursite.com/modules/newbb/update (or upgrade)/newbb1_to_newbb2.php. Then re-install the templates if your using a custom set and update module. Update the permissions and you should be good to go

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits