gecko
PHP mailing list manager
  • 2005/2/4 1:41

• gecko

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/11

Does anybody know where i can find a good php mailing list manager.

Opensource hopefully.

I'm looking for something simple for people to optin via form on website and also allowing admin to send emails to the list from backend.

I've been searching and come up with hundreds but i wondered if anyone here had a recomendation that si tried and tested.

cheers
Gecko

bumbum
Re: PHP mailing list manager
  • 2005/2/13 14:00

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I'm using PHPlisthttp://tincan.co.uk/phplist at the moment and I think it works really well. lots of configuration options if you like but you can just ignore most of them if you want and go with the basic options.
One problem I'm having with it at the moment is that I've got a large mailing list (almost 11,000 subscribers) and I'm currently having to mess around with the config file to set it to send out mails in batches and / or throttle requests to the server because it keeps exceeding the 'max questions' that my host will allow. This is a common problem with any php mailing list as far as I can tell but there's more and more talk about solutions on their support forum so I guess it's only a matter of time before you can configure throttling and batching through the admin section.
I'd love to see this ported to XOOPS but I'm a total novice with PHP so I can only hope for some other nice techie in here to grant my wish! The only reason I can mess with the config file in PHPlist is because there are examples of hacks on their support forums...

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits