rowdie
Open source community news
  • 2005/2/3 21:49

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Two groups have recently been formed which are of interest to the open source (PHP?) community. I found this news pretty interesting so I thought I'd post it here in case others are also interested and might have missed the original announcements.

The first group is the PHP Security Consortium, a group of PHP experts attempting to educate programmers about secure programming practices through articles and projects.

PHP Security Consortium
quote from their website:
Quote:
a group whose mission is to promote secure programming practices within the PHP community through education and exposition while maintaining high ethical standards.

Link to original news announcement

The second group is the Software Freedom Law Centre. This centre is based in New York and has been made possible due to $4 million funds raised by Open Source Development Labs (OSDL). It's purpose is to provide free legal advice to eligible open source projects. They have two full-time intellectual property attorneys on staff and expect to expand to four attorneys later this year.

Software Freedom Law Centre
quote from their website:
Quote:
[...]whose mission is to provide pro-bono legal services globally to eligible non-profit open source software projects and developers.

Link to original news announcement

Both sites have just started up so there isn't much there yet. Still, I think it's a very encouraging sign that people are thinking seriously about both PHP security issues and legal issues.

Rowd

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits