Alpina
Integration Questions
  • 2005/1/30 17:37

• Alpina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/30

I just created a family reunion site and would like to integrate the current standalone photo gallery (Coppermine) and the current standalone forum (PHPBB 2.0.11) into Xoops.

Is there a way I can do this without wrecking the items I already have? Also, would existing users have to reregister once the integration is complete?

Alpina
Re: Integration Questions
  • 2005/1/30 21:00

• Alpina

• Just popping in

Can anyone please help me with this?

carnuke
  • 2005/1/30 22:27

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Alpina, I suggest this may not be as straight forward as you would like ...

There is a module xphpbbi which modularises phpbb forum into XOOPS and there is an image gallery module xcgal that is close to coppermine.

You still need to inport all that data and I'm not sure if there are import/conversion scripts for this.

Another option is to wrap these existing applications into the XOOPS frame. The problem here is although you can get them to look ok and work by themselves, you lose some of the core connectivity like global login and registrations.

Wrapping has limitaions at the moment.

You may want to look at the AUTH module and see if it will wrap your existing sites as you wish.

Alpina
  • 2005/1/30 23:23

• Alpina

• Just popping in

carnuke: I appreciate the information. Can you point me in the direction to a how-to for wrapping?

carnuke
  • 2005/1/30 23:44

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

The first thing to do is read This thread about the auth module

It's a bit sketchy, because it's been translated. The gist of this is that you install the auth module as any other XOOPS module.

then place your php or5 html content into an allocated folder within the auth directory. Its set for 'sample' but you can change this and also use others as well.

Now, there are sevearl settings that you can use to determine how auth behaves, but generally it will make your website appear within the center page area of your site.

any links on the pages will be active and load pages back into that center page, as you would expect.

It's important to understand how the module works though. It only respects certain file types which you have to set. You may also need to change all your internal URLs of the wrapped website, so that they become relative.

All this is explained in the readme file whicjh is l-o-n-g but essential to read. Likewise this thread I posted.

I can't pretend this is a procedure for beginners, though.

Good luck, if you can contact noisia, you will get much more specific help, I think

Alpina
  • 2005/2/5 21:37

• Alpina

• Just popping in

I downloaded the file and will read the docs when I get a chance.

I appreciate the assistance, carnuke.

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits