Montisarts
alignment problem, am I missing something? (theme.html)
  • 2005/1/30 15:39

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/26

Hey guys,

I've been messing around with my new theme on Montisarts.com and there's one thing that doesn't work the way I want it to. On my start page everything looks ok, even as on modules that have a lot of info on the page.

Now the problem:

When, for example, you click on 'FAQ' (there's only one question in faq) the index of the module is aligned way too much downwards. The 'search' field goes down a lot when a module doesn't have a lot of info in it. I aligned al the table cells in the center column to 'top' so I would say the search input field and the FAQ should be aligned at the top, but it is not.

Pff, hard to explain what I mean.
I hope one of the other theme designers can respond to this question. I have the feeling I am missing something simple...

Greets Frank

Click HERE to see the problem.'

I'll add 2 screenshot later (which I'm gonna make right now)

Montisarts
Re: alignment problem, am I missing something? (theme.html)
  • 2005/1/30 15:48

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

The screenshots:

Resized Image

Resized Image

Wheeler
  • 2005/1/30 16:25

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Hey view the source of the main page or faq's page. Form tag miss placed!

Quote:
<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
//--></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://xoops.montisarts.com/include/xoops.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--
//-->
</script>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<form action="http://xoops.montisarts.com/user.php" method="post">
</form>

<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>

I recommend cleaning up your html, it looks very messy so things like this would be easy to miss.

I noticed something was wrong with the html when I mousedown at the bottom of your page and remain mousedown as I slide the mouse cursor to the top of the page. Things were being highlight from within the center-col to outside-left of the main body table. Try it, all the highlights should remain within the cell.

PEACE!

Wheeler
  • 2005/1/30 16:34

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Looking at my post I noticed something else.

Quote:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
//--></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://xoops.montisarts.com/include/xoops.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--
//-->
</script>

1. This should be just above the closing head tag, not below open body tag.

2. This is the weakest peace of code I have ever seen, lol (sorry to giggle). You have three sets of <script></script> tags.

Hmmmmm, then I look at my site and notice the same three sets of <script></script> tags. Must be the default theme's fault. lol.

ps. Very nice theme by the way, I like clean layouts. Keep up the great work!

Montisarts
  • 2005/1/30 17:48

• Montisarts

• Not too shy to talk

Wheeler,

thanks for taking a look at it, and you're right the form rags were incorrect, same as the javascript. That's what you get when you copy some parts from older themes, especially the login codes etc. But after changing all that the problem I was heving with the vertical alignment still exists, as I thought. And I still don't understand why this is happening.

As for cleaning up my html, do you have any tips cleaning it up, or were you just talkinh about those tags?

Any other ideas why the vertical alignmen doesn't do what I want it to. (some of my older theme work allright with the alignment, but I don't see the difference)

greetz Frank

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits