council
A Great "Linkman" App, But...
  • 2005/1/29 16:06

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

Here's a great phplinkman app that really should be moduled into xoops. I don't believe we have anything like it.

One problem, though: I can't get it installed. It keeps telling me I haven't set permissions correctly.

Still, take a look at it. It allows link exchanges in two clicks, something casual visitors to your site might appreciate.

http://www.PHPJunkYard.com

r.

PS: if you test it and find out what the permissions problem is, please post here.

carnuke
Re: A Great "Linkman" App, But...
  • 2005/1/29 16:13

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Yep, looks a decent script. The closest alternative is the topsites script, although that is not ported over yet.

Reciprocal links are important, but I cant help thinking that the personal touch is better and more effective than just farming links ad hoc.

I may look at this script though to see how flexible it is.

council
  • 2005/1/29 17:27

• council

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/18

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Yep, looks a decent script. The closest alternative is the topsites script, although that is not ported over yet.

Reciprocal links are important, but I cant help thinking that the personal touch is better and more effective than just farming links ad hoc.

I may look at this script though to see how flexible it is.

Great. See if you can getting working. I can't on my windows servers -- it keeps giving me permissions error. In fact, all of his scripts give me the same problem. can't figure out where it's happening. I chmod per the error message even though I shouldn't have to because of the windows server.

Never had the problem before either.

carnuke
  • 2005/1/29 18:32

• carnuke

• Home away from home

right click on the file, under properties untick 'read only' ???

carnuke
  • 2005/1/29 19:15

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Council, I got this script running straight away using XSAS on my local server. It's a pretty basic script for farming links to your site and automatically removing links that are not reciprecated on other sites. That's it.

Regarding permissions, there are settings in the file:settings.php have you checked this???

The simplicity of the script is appealing, I must agree, but I suspect it could be an invitation for H*U*G*E spam input :lol

Try using the FAQ links I posted regarding the aggregator. This should wrap this linkman script quite well.

Still trying to see how to prevent abuse from a script like this

puldom
  • 2005/1/31 1:53

• puldom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

nunu rati ngayi ti ho urai okuda mulau ngai yokoyu

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits