talon39
Having trouble adding Inbox to a top menu in the theme
  • 2005/1/27 22:37

• talon39

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/13

I'm customizing the default theme. One of the things I have done is add the items from the user menu block to a top menu within the default theme. I added a table row under the logo area and added the menu items to the cells.
I used the code from the user menu template to create the links. The Admin link works, it is only visible if you have admin rights as it should. All the links work except for one aspect of the inbox link. When a new message arrive the inbox link usually adds the number of new messages to the right of the link. For example:

Inbox (1)

When I add the code
<{if $block.new_messages 0}>
        <
class="highlight" href="<{$xoops_url}>/viewpmsg.php"><{$block.lang_inbox}> (<span style="color:#ff0000; font-weight: bold;"><{$block.new_messages}></span>)</a>
      <{else}>
        <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/viewpmsg.php"><{$block.lang_inbox}></a>
      <{/if}>

It just displays "Inbox" even if there are new messages. It will not display the number of messages. Anyone know how to get this to work in the new theme menu?

carnuke
Re: Having trouble adding Inbox to a top menu in the theme
  • 2005/1/27 23:06

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

This is nota a direct answer to your question , but if you don't get this figured out there's a nice hack in the FAQ section Here that lets you put the inbox with message counts in a custom block. You could use this, or maybe adapt the code in the hack

Richard

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits